Editor's Note: The City of Coronado released the following announcement about holiday closures.
Most non-public safety facilities in the City of Coronado will be closed on Monday, Jan. 20 for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Coronado Police and Fire will be staffed for the holidays. Public Services will be on call over the holidays to respond to emergencies. Certain City of Coronado departments and services will be open with varying hours of operation. Here is the Martin Luther King Jr. Day schedule:
- Aquatics Center: 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- City Hall: Closed
- Club House and Boathouse: 7 to 10 a.m. and 2 to 5 p.m.
- Community Center: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Golf Course: Open
- Library: Closed
- Skatepark: 10 a.m. to dusk
- Tennis Center, and Scheduling Center: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.; 8 a.m. to noon and 2 to 7 p.m.
Public Services crews will not sweep streets on the holiday.
EDCO will perform regular residential trash collection on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
The next Coronado City Council meeting is set for January 21.