April 1 officially kicks off the cheesiest month of the year with National Grilled Cheese Month and it’s no surprise that Loews Coronado Bay Resort is ready with a unique grilled cheese sandwich available throughout the month at Market Restaurant.
Loews Coronado Bay Resort cutting loose and transforming the classic grilled cheese sandwich into a Suzie’s Melt with local ingredients, abundant imagination – and plenty of napkins on the side. The sandwich will be offered at Market Restaurant guests don’t even need to be aware that April is National Grilled Cheese Month to enjoy.
Here is the recipe to get mouths watering in Coronado and beyond. (Serves one):
- 4 oz. of fresh buffalo mozzarella from Mona Lisa Little Italy
- Rosemary & Olive Oil Focaccia from Bread & Cie Bakery
- 4 slices yellow heirloom tomato
- 6 leaves fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter (of course)
1. Melt butter and add parmesan cheese; brush on sliced focaccia.
2. Cut focaccia in half and layer sliced mozzarella on one half; add a layer of sliced tomato and season with salt and pepper. Add a layer of the basil leaves.
3. Heat sauté pan and toast until golden brown. Slice and enjoy!
Noted Chef de Cuisine of Mistral, Adam Cho “We hope guests and locals alike will join us at Loews Coronado Bay as we shake up the classic grilled cheese sandwich in celebration of National Grilled Cheese Month. We created our take on the grilled cheese sandwich to embrace our philosophy of ‘buying local’ and named it the Suzie’s Melt to pay tribute to our newly-established partnership with Suzie’s Farm, a 140-acre USDA-certified organic farm just ten minutes down the road from the resort. All the ingredients in the Suzie’s Melt are sourced from locally-owned businesses and were grown or produced right here in San Diego.”
Loews Coronado Bay Resort will be collaborating with Suzie’s Farm for a series of spring and summer cooking classes, seasonal farm-to-table dinners and family-friendly programming. Seasonal rates start at $199. For more information or to arrange your stay, call 1-800-23-LOEWS or visit www.loewshotels.com.