As we continue our countdown of 2012, most of us are still attending numerous holiday parties and events. How can we avoid the historic 8 pound weight gain this holiday season? Below are some suggestions on how to make healthy and realistic decisions:
1. Before going to dinner or a party, drink a large glass of water and eat a small snack of vegetables or protein. This will take the edge off and keep you full longer.
2. If you are bringing a dish to a party, be sure to bring something healthy that you can eat. A beautiful tray of roasted veggies, with some fruit is a great way to go.
3. Remember to eat small, palm size portions. This will be easy on your digestive tract and will help you with portion control.
4. Walk away from the table when satisfied, not full. Give your body time to digest the food before you continue to eat.
5. If you want to eat something that is not a part of your regular diet plan, have a very small amount - guilt free! Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed. Go right back to your regular plan the next morning.
6. Keep your focus on the positive: Family and friends matter most. This is a time to celebrate them and remember those that aren't with us.