The last day to donate to the Coronado Police Department food drive benefitting the San Diego Food Bank is Tuesday, Dec. 31.
The Police Department will accept non-perishable food items from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The most needed items are:
- Canned Meats: Tuna in water, Chicken
- Dry or Canned Beans: Black, Pinto, Kidney, Low Sodium
- Cereal: Low Sugar, Whole Grain or Bran
- Rice: Brown, Wild Rice
- Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, Unsalted, Flax seeds
- Peanut Butter: No Sugar Added
- Canned Soup: Low Sodium, Low Fat
- Canned or Dried Fruit: Packed in water or own juice
- Canned Vegetables: Low Sodium or No Salt Added
- Powdered Milk: Low or Non-Fat
- Pasta: Whole Grain
- Infant Formula