Some cities go all out for St. Patrick's Day. New York throws a world-famous parade and Chicago dyes a river green.
San Diego's no slouch either. But if you missed last weekend's big parade and festival in Balboa Park, fret not.
Aspiring leprechauns will have the chance to enjoy races, readings, music and pub events that all culminate in the big shamROCK street fest in the Gaslamp in downtown San Diego tonight.
So don your leprechaun hats and a “Kiss Me I'm Irish” button and join in!
Here's a taste of what's going on in Coronado and beyond. Click through for more details:
- , Coronado, 1:30 p.m., Thursday, for music and merriment the pub has been counting down to on its web site all month.
- , Solana Beach, Thursday, has “Zane Patrick's Day,” hosted by comedian Zane Lamprey, and a night of music, to celebrate the Irish.
- , downtown San Diego, 4 p.m., Thursday, for a street fest in the Gaslamp that includes three stages for bands, DJ's and go-g0 dancers. Nicely, also offers free rides to those who've overindulged.
- , Poway, 2 p.m., Thursday, for signature corned beef and cabbage, along with music and and celebrating in the pub's beer garden.
- , La Mesa and Rancho San Diego, 5 p.m., Thursday, for Hooley Fest, which features bands, food, and again, shuttle service or free rides home.
- , La Mesa, 9 p.m., Thursday and Friday, for celebrating on the day itself, and a little extra the day after.