Blogging – the big Internet buzz word. It’s supposed to be an indispensible tool, but not everyone knows what it is.
A blog is a website, or part of one, that is updated regularly. The newest posts generally show up on top. And people can usually comment on and link to each article.
Chances are you see blogs all the time without realizing it. Most news sites are displayed in blog format. Even Facebook profiles can be considered personal blogs.
Companies, organizations and individuals find value in blogging by reaching an audience directly. Bloggers share expertise, news and tell stories that show the impact they’ve had.
Patch offers the Local Voices blog. Coronado Patch is always looking for bloggers on any subject, particularly on topics of interest to residents, from tourism to schools to the military. You can choose to offer advice, observations about town, reviews of your favorite books or movies – share your passions, whatever they may be!
Below are examples of good blogging. Links will take you to the original post:
- Be Styled, the boutique, shows readers how to make the most of fashion and trends: .
- Sarah Metzger provides tips on popular and hidden gems in Coronado: .
- Martial Arts America offers the latest on developments at the studio and students' accomplishments: .
- Suzette Valle told readers about the newest ride at Disney's California Adventure Park: .
- Wendy Kranz, a life coach, explores how people can make better more courageous decisions: .
- Steve Repak uses a story to show his expertise as a financial expert and author: .
- Marielys Camacho Reyes grapples with life’s tough questions: .
If you're interested in blogging, email firstname.lastname@example.org.