1. Bridge and Bay Garden Club: This flower-lovers club holds its every fourth Monday of the month in the Winn Room at the . New members are welcome to this meeting, so Plumeria aficionados and gardening buffs head on over! Refreshments are served at 9:15 a.m. and the meeting takes way at 9:45 a.m.
2. Improving our residential standards: The has a meeting today at to discuss changes that are being or need to be made in our city to help improve it. The meeting is open to all and starts at 4 p.m., so come listen and voice your thoughts on what can help improve Coronado.
3. Learn to dance: , which offers a variety of adult classes, has a for beginners for only $30. Learn techniques, rhythms and even tap vocabulary at this 6 p.m. class. You'll have fun, learn a thing or two and get in a great workout!
4. "Ace!" Love volleyball? Want a new challenge? The allows anyone 16 and older to join in a game of four-on-four Monday nights from 6-9 p.m. Members of the center only pay $2, nonmembers pay $5. Participation is on a first-come, first-serve basis, so head over and score an ace!
5. How to get dark gravy: Thanksgiving is just days away and the turkey day menu is on everyone's mind. Gravy is one of the most important ingredients in the annual feast. If you're making your own gravy, try something a little different. Turkey gravy is usually pretty light, but this year, darken it up for more contrast on your plate. When making the roux (equal parts melted butter to flour) cook it out until it turns from its usual yellow hue to a dark brown. This will take a while (10 minutes or longer), so plan accordingly. The result will be a rich, dark gravy to douse those potatoes and turkey in.