Patch is running a new weekly feature called Patch Picks, highlighting our picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off, and more.
You’ll find useful lists to help you, your family, friends, and significant others find the best places for everything from Sunday brunch to New Year’s Eve celebrations, pumpkin patches, date night destinations, florists, girls night out, kids party places, parks and more.
Want to suggest a list? Submit your idea in the comment box.
With the forecast calling for rain, here are our picks for the best cozy spots to hide out and read a good book around town.
- . Grab a cup of coffee from Luis' coffee shop out front. Then grab your book or magazine and hideaway behind a bookshelf or sit along Orange Avenue and enjoy the rain under the awnings.
- . In the absence of the famous Alphabet Room, grab a hot chocolate or coffee and have a seat at this bar. It is always a warm and festive place to retreat and relax for a good read.
- . If the rain brings you cabin fever, 1134 will cure you. Reading at the bar is noisy, but fun. Head upstairs for solitude.
- . Grab your book and a booth in the back, then order a burger and shake. This longtime Coronado classic will brighten your rainy day.
- . This little bistro is tucked away from the main drag and serves great coffee and crepes.