The much-predicted rain will hit just in time for the morning commute Tuesday and linger a bit.
The National Weather Service forecasts wet weather through Thursday in Coronado with temperatures this week in the mid-to-upper-50s in the day and and the upper 40s at night.
Here's the outlook for the week:
- Tuesday: 90 percent chance of rain during the day, increasing to 100 percent by the evening with thunderstorms possible after 10 a.m. High near 55 and low of 49. Gusty winds increasing as day progresses, even from 25-50 mph.
- Wednesday: Showers, through mid-morning. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent. It will remain breezy, with possible gusty winds. High of 57, low of 47.
- Thursday: 20-percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 57 and low of 47.
- Friday: Heading into mostly clear, if crisp weekend. Partly sunny, with a high near 58 and low of 48.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 60 and a low of 49.