1. Snow Mountain: Who says it never snows in Coronado? I hear there's a storm coming today from 3-8 p.m. at the . is put on by the and provides winter fun for kids with crafts, games and lots of snow! Santa arrives at 3:20 p.m., so bring your mittens and your cameras and have a great time!
2. Holiday parade and open house: 'Tis the season on Orange Avenue today. Check out the merchant open house, which starts at 5:30 p.m. Then watch the Christmas parade at 6 p.m. and listen to live music from 7:15-9 p.m. at the corner of Ninth Street and Orange Avenue.
3. Pets join in the fun: is participating in the holiday open house and parade. During both activities, the hospital will be handing out complimentary refreshments. They will also have dog stockings and other pet friendly gifts available for purchase. The vet encourages you to bring your pet to the event so they, too, can enjoy some holiday fun and take a picture with Santa!
4. Christmas tree lighting: Christmas tree lightings have become a nationwide tradition. There's the famous Rockefeller Center tree and the national Christmas tree lighting in Washington, D.C. Tonight you can enjoy a Christmas tree lighting experience for yourself here in Coronado at 7 p.m. in Rotary Park. Watch the local Christmas tree illuminate, officially kicking off the holiday season in Coronado Village.
5. Memorial service: Friends and family of Dylan Bunker, the student who died in a last week, are having a memorial service today at 4 p.m. on the beach near the . A reception will follow in the Ballroom. If you knew Dylan or know the Bunker family, come share your memories and offer your condolences.
Bonus. Street closures and traffic: There are lots of festivities going on in Coronado today, so be prepared and give yourself plenty of time. Orange Avenue will be closed from 3:30 to 9 p.m. Expect delays and heavy traffic or plan alternate routes.