It's down to the wire and your holiday gift list never got a glance. But no problem, my dear procrastinator, there is hope.
Last-minute gifts may be found, but you need to focus your energy.
Here are six suggestions for picking out a gift for friends, loved ones, and even the mailman in Coronado:
1. Drugstores: Most carry everything from cards and perfumes to electronics and books. Try Central Drug, Rite Aid and Walgreens.
2. Gas stations: Yes, they often times carry stuffed animals, mugs and other trinkets. Look to and Valero.
3. Grocery stores: Who doesn't need a gift card to buy some of their favorite things or just every day staples? See Boney's, Albertsons and Vons. **
4. Florists: Always great in a pinch for a bouquet of red roses or hand-designed arrangements. Seek out Coronado Flower Lady and Route 75
5. Bakeries: Shops are typically loaded with cookies, cakes, and enough sweets you can even buy extra for yourself. Try Tartine and Cafe 1134 for sweet treats.
6. Hardware Stores: Some stores carry a lot more than nuts and bolts. Today's hardware stores have complete sections dedicated to home goods such as small appliances and knickknacks. Go to Coronado Hardware or Village Ace Hardware.
So, just when you thought you were no better than a lump of coal because you missed the boat on gift-buying, there is hope in the form of the most unlikely places for last-minute finds.
** And of course, supermarkets have gift cards for all sorts of retailers now too, when time is truly short.