Here are three ways to celebrate this delicious holiday:
1. Make a giant bowl of the dip at home. The Huffington Post has an excellent recipe and how-to article: How To Make The Best Guacamole: Tips And Mistakes To Avoid.
2. Skip the grocery store and go straight to the restaurant. Coronado has numerous restaurants that serve up the green stuff. Here are eight suggestions:
- Babcock & Story Bar at Hotel del Coronado at 1500 Orange Ave., Coronado
- Costa Azul at 1031 Orange Ave., Coronado
- Candelas on the Bay at 1201 First St., Coronado
- Clayton's Mexican Take Out at 1107 10th St., Coronado
- Coronado Brewing Co. at 170 Orange Ave., Coronado
- Coronado Firehouse Bar & Grill at 126 Orange Ave., Coronado
- La Salsa at 1360 Orange Ave., Coronado
- Miguel's Cocina at 1351 Orange Ave., Coronado
3. If you have a great recipe, you can share. After all, sharing is caring. Share your recipe with all of us in our virtual cookbook! Email recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org.