Five groups, including , have received a share of $20,000 in outside the window of the summer tourist season.
The winners – each were awarded $4,000 by the Coronado Tourism Improvement District – are:
- Coronado Chamber of Commerce, “,” December.
- Coronado Historical Association, “,” September.
- Coronado School of the Arts, “,” February.
- Lamb's Players Theatre, ”,” November/December.
- Superfrog Inc., “,” winter and fall.
The winners were selected from a group of 10 applicants.
The grants are intended to aid organizers in publicizing their events in order to draw more visitors.
It is hoped those who come to town will patronize local businesses while they enjoy participating in the arts, athletic and family-focused events that received the district's backing.