Waste Management of San Diego encourages customers to honor the mothers in their lives by giving eco-friendly gifts.
SAN DIEGO — May 8, 2012 – Mother’s Day is this Sunday, and while flowers are often the best way to show mom just how grateful you are for all she does to enrich your life, why not give her an eco-friendly gift that also respects Mother Nature. Here are a few gift ideas that will last long after Mother’s Day has passed and make mom feel really special.
- Treat mom to organic bath, hair or skin care products. Many major retailers now carry all-organic personal care products which are often packaged in 100 percent recycled materials and made with all natural ingredients.
- Wrap gifts in recycled or reused wrapping paper or funny papers. Also remember to save or recycle used wrapping paper.
- Give gifts that don’t require much packaging, such as concert tickets and gift certificates.
- When giving flowers as gifts, consider buying long-lasting silk flowers, potted plants, or live bushes, shrubs or tress that can be planted.
- Bake cookies or other goodies for your mom and package them in reusable and/or recyclable containers as gifts. Homemade goodies show how much you care and help you avoid packaging waste.
About Waste Management
As North America’s largest provider of waste and environmental services, Waste Management is on a quest for environmental performance, to maximize resource value and minimize environmental impact. Waste is a valuable resource. Waste Management takes innovative steps to maximize and recover the resource that is in waste. To learn more information about Waste Management, visit www.wastemanagementsd.com or www.thinkgreen.com. Or, engage with Waste Management on Facebook and Twitter.