Mark your calendars. Patch has five events that you cannot miss in Coronado next month.
1. The Coronado Art Walk 2013 will bring more than 100 artists from around the country to Coronado Ferry Landing on Sept. 14 and 15 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. At the free event, artists will display their works and there will be entertainment and interactive art activities. The Coronado Ferry Landing is located at 1201 First St. (at B Avenue). Plus, there will be a free shuttle to other Coronado sites during both days.
2. Enjoy free outdoor concerts throughout September. These concerts will be held at the Coronado Ferry Landing at 1201 First St. (at B Avenue) from 2 to 5 p.m. (unless otherwise noted.)
- Sept. 1 – Coronado Big Band (1-3)
- Sept. 2 – Blue Frog Band
- Sept. 8 –Cool Fever (1-3)
- Sept. 15 – Dark
- Sept. 22 Teagan Taylor Band
- Sept. 29 – Nadro John
3. The Cool Fever Band with Dave Elhoff and Sarah Jensen will perform at Spreckels Park at 5 p.m. on Sept. 1. The band plays rock & roll, blues and R&B hits. The concert is part of the 2013 Coronado Summer Concert Season. The following week, In Midlife Crisis will play in the same location at 5 p.m.
4. The Alzheimer's Association San Diego Chapter will host a Know the 10 Signs: Early Detection Matters program at Sharp Coronado Hospital on Sept. 11. The free program, open to all ages, will be held 10 to 11 a.m. in the Sandermann Education Center at 265 Soledad Place, Coronado.
5. Don’t forget that while the kids go back to school on August 22 at Coronado Unified Schools, they have off Monday, Sept. 2 for Labor Day.